Families, Infertility, Adoption, Working Moms and more....

Monday, January 4, 2010

Welcome!

Hi! This is me, Meredith. And my "Car-ee-bee-an Mon" Oliver. (He was born in Venezuela but spent a lot of time in Curacao, where his grandma is from....hence, the Caribbean part.) We've been married 12 years and counting. This is us on New Years Eve.

I'm super excited about this blog! Shannie Annie & I have been friends for a looooong time. Meagan & I have been friends even longer.....we're sisters. We've been roommates, confidantes, and friends. We were all married the summer/fall of '97. And then our lives took different paths. That's what this blog is about. We all believe in marriage and families. We all believe in providing the best we can for our families. Sometimes, things don't turn out quite like we planned, or wanted. We hope this blog will provide a forum for discussing life as we know it. Sound cheesy? Maybe. To me, it sounds zany. Because that's what I think of when I think of Shanelle & Meagan. They can make me laugh and make me cry like no other!

So here's my story, in a nutshell. Oliver & I met in the summer of '97. As we sped towards marriage I remember telling Oliver: "I want to name our first son Christian, after my grandpa". He replied: "OK, if I can name our first daughter". Me: "Deal!". And somewhere in there I mentioned "I'd love to be able to adopt someday". He replied "me too". Those were sweet nothings that we never imagined would be fulfilled like they have. For after we had our 4 biological children, we adopted 2 boys in December of 2007. And then a year later, we adopted 4 girls. Bringing our total to 6 girls and 4 boys. That was then.

Did I mention that we adopted again this Christmas? Sigh. Here he is:



His name is Cosmo. Named by my Car-ee-bee-an Mon. Who loves BYU. 'Nuff said.










So this is now. Me, hubby, 10 kids, and a puppy. We've got a few stories to tell.

Stay tuned tomorrow, for Shannie Annie!

No comments: