Families, Infertility, Adoption, Working Moms and more....

Sunday, January 31, 2010

So fast...

Yesterday, my husband went to buy G (our oldest, who is ten) new soccer cleats. Normally, we don't buy new cleats in the middle of winter in Utah, but we are headed to a tournament in two weeks and realized his cleats from the fall don't fit anymore. He came home with a size 8 1/2 (mens). My 10 year old son officially has bigger feet than me. He gave me his slippers today because they no longer fit him. Where did the time go? On his birthday last summer, he said "mom, in 9 years, I will be on my mission". I realized then that my time left with him is less than the time I have had with him. A bittersweet realization. I am excited to know that he is excited to enter the world. I will be so sad to let him go.
Today we were asked what are greatest accomplishments in life have been. I have only three. But each of them are so amazing that I feel proud to know I have a part in teaching and caring and guiding. Tonight as we had family home evening I thought about what great things these kids will go on to do. What a great blessing it is to be a mom.

No comments: