Families, Infertility, Adoption, Working Moms and more....

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A thought for the new year...

Note to Meagan - DON'T IRON - ever again! You will be so thrilled with the freedom!! :)

Well, today I played hookie. Working from home sounds like such a dream job, but it can be tough. As I stared at the three baskets of clothes and STUFF that were sitting in my bedroom, waiting to be unloaded, I realized that I could not work all day and ignore that mess for another second! I ended up cleaning up only half the stuff, going to lunch with a friend, and visiting my neighbor for several hours! Sometimes I get so overwhelmed that I get nothing done. Does that sound familiar?

Well, my neighbor told me about an idea her blog group is doing. Each member chose one-word that described the type of goals she wanted to work on this year. I have been thinking about this and have come up with my word. It is "moderation", which is the only way I will achieve true balance.

Moderation with my job means I won't work all day, but I will do what I need to do to cover the expenses I need to cover so I won't be stressed about bills.

Moderation with my eating means I will not starve myself but I will also not pig out.

Moderation with my spending means I will budget for my family's needs and for some 'wants'. I will avoid restricting myself so much that I feel deprived, but I will also avoid overspending and buying what I don't need.

What do you ladies think? What would your "word of the year" be?

No comments: