Families, Infertility, Adoption, Working Moms and more....

Saturday, January 9, 2010

One of those days...

Do you ever wake up and realize you are more tired than went you went to sleep the night before? I had one of those days this week. Wake up at 5:00, kids up at 7:00, kids to school at 8:00, at work by 8:30, leave work at 2:45 (amid an onslaught of phone calls), pick up carpool at 3:00, swim lessons at 4:30, soccer practice at 6:30, dinner at 7:45 and right before bed (and I mean right before bed), our toilet overflows. My husband starts to laugh as I start to cry. He asks "what's the big deal?" The tears were coming because I was exhausted and I knew what an overflowing toilet entailed. Towels, laundry, bleaching of the floor, walls, etc. I ended up losing it and my husband had to take over as I sat downstairs (folding laundry). I felt silly thinking "there are so many people out there with a much harder life than mine." But at the same time thinking "when does it get easier?'

In the car today I heard a song called "Sounds Like Life To Me." The lyrics are pretty funny and the song sums it up for me.

I am so grateful to have the job I have. It allows me to be here in the morning with my kids and here in the afternoon when they are done with school. It also demands me to be available by phone (three phones to be exact as there are three companies that need to be answered for) for 12 plus hours a day. It pays well and the owner is kind. I work with good people, my husband being one of them. But if anyone knows how to get rich quick, with no time involved, I would jump all over that opportunity.

Here I go, off to do laundry and iron before this day comes to a close.

No comments: