Families, Infertility, Adoption, Working Moms and more....

Saturday, March 6, 2010

You know you're a tired mom if you've....

Meredith has sent me many emails that are titled "You Know You're a Redneck If"..." and then the email would show a picture or tell a story of some completely hilarious action.

So yesterday, I woke up exhausted (big surprise). From the minute I rolled out of bed until the minute I got back in, I felt like I wasn't sure if I could make it one more step.

I figured I would take a few shortcuts (which would normally be a total no-no in my house) to help me through the day.

I started out by getting my kids dressed. I knew (because I could see the clean ones still sitting in the clean pile) that neither one of the two younger ones had changed their underwear but I pretended not to notice so I wouldn't have to battle with them.

During breakfast (again the two younger ones) they dumped their cereal down the sink without really touching it and I again pretended not to notice (once again, avoiding a battle).

Before we left the house, the oldest hit the youngest and I hid in the bathroom (with the lights out) until the crying stopped.

My mother in law watched the kids while I was at work (they were out of school yesterday) and when I was done with work, she said they could stay for a while. I went to a young women's meeting and then went home for a nap. When it was time to pick up the kids, I pretended like I wasn't feeling good so my husband would go pick them up. He knew what I was up to but let me play it out anyway.

And when it was time to clean up the kitchen for the night, I wiped everything off the bar onto the floor and invited the dog in for a cleanup party.

So for today, I feel totally rested, the kids have been bathed, teeth vigorously cleaned, the floor in the kitchen cleaned (over and over) and I am trying to let my husband rest (not really working with the kids around) to make up for my slacking yesterday and I thought of that phrase "You know you're a redneck if you've" and I thought "You know you're a tired mom if you've..." which I have. I admit it.

What about you? Have you ever?

No comments: