Families, Infertility, Adoption, Working Moms and more....

Monday, March 8, 2010

Spring!

A few days ago I noticed this in my front flower bed:



A blossom! I was excited enough to run and grab my camera and capture the moment. I love spring. For me it's a time of renewal. A time of excitement for what's to come. It certainly means being outside more....in the warm sunshine. It's just a feel good time of year.

Tonight, I was going through some VHS tapes while cleaning out an entertainment center. I came across a few tapes with no titles on the tapes. So I popped them in the VCR to see if they were keepers or if they needed to be tossed. What a delight to watch my sons C and J when they were 2 and 1 years old respectively. I giggled to watch J bouncing in delight to Elmo's World and watched C gulping out of a sippy cup. Then I listened closely to their words "ba ba" and "dada" and "ye-wo", "gween", "bwue". And I just shook my head in amazement at how they've grown and changed in the 7 years since that video was taken. I remembered how difficult those days were. Those two children were only 15 months apart. They were busy, exhausting times. And then I reflected on the kind of boys that they are becoming, and I felt filled with a deep sense of pride. Sometimes it's so easy to get caught up in the daily rigamarole (is that a word? I seriously feel like I make things up!). The business of the daily routine....get them up, fed, off to school, clean while they're gone, run errands, they're back....snacks, homework, chores, dinner, baths and back into bed. And then you start all over again. But tonight I think I realized that Oliver & I are doing an okay job. I feel renewed. I feel like....spring!

No comments: